Mealco is a New York-based, food-tech startup that is building the restaurants of the future by creating high-quality, delivery-native food brands. We are backed by top NY investors and CEOs. With innovative technology as our backbone, we are quickly scaling our food brands & concepts. Our team is made up of top food tech industry experts.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for marketing. Although Food Industry/Restaurant experience is preferred, we value ability and potential over specific experience and are looking for someone who can be a brand advocate that exhibits a positive, go-getter attitude.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist in marketing efforts that include, but are not limited to, Social Media Marketing, Content Creation, and Experiential Marketing. You will be closely collaborating with our Marketing Manager to understand marketing initiatives, communication strategy, audience demographics, and content calendar.
What you will do:
Social Media Marketing
- Create and publish original and high-quality content on social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Assist with on-the-ground content creation in Mealco’s Kitchens
- Grow our social communities
- Manage content calendars–Create and execute weekly & monthly content calendars that are innovative and push the envelope of what’s been done on social
- Create targeted ads on social media platforms and manage supplemental data associated with ads
- Monitor social performance, engagement, and analytics, providing biweekly and monthly performance reporting
- Actively monitor social channels (social listening) on behalf of the brand and respond to any and all comments and messages on account with appropriate language
- Assist with Mealco’s pickup locations at our hubs located on the Lower East Side, Long Island City, and Brooklyn.
- Act as Brand Ambassador for Mealco and its brands at our pickup locations.
- Become an expert on Mealco – develop a nuanced understanding of our brands, services, and offerings.
- Educate people about Mealco and its brands in different capacities.
- Hand out print materials at high volume locations + local businesses.
- Actively solicit interest in our brands by talking to people about what we do and how we do it.
What we are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in marketing/social media
- Ability to work onsite in NYC locations
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Understanding of social media platforms and relevant marketing tactics per platform
- In tune with pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Note: this role is New York-based
- Passion for photography
- Graphic design experience
- Startup experience