Maryland Wellness helps individuals with a variety of mental health diagnoses achieve their life goals. We offer our clients a wide range of services, including employment, academic achievement, housing, health education and wellness management, budgeting, transportation, coping skills, and support for substance use/abuse. We are looking for a dynamic, friendly, caring, and reliable intern who is not only interested in gaining experience in the field of Human Resources, but also who wants to be a part of a team helping out in the community and making a difference in the lives of others.
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD (remote work available)
HOURS: Part-Time; flexible hours
POSITION OVERVIEW: The HR Intern is responsible for supporting the Human Resources team and the company in a variety of administrative, recruiting, data-management, and other HR-related tasks. As the HR Intern, you will have exposure to all facets of our small but growing organization. You will assist in a variety of areas, including:
- Updating and maintaining electronic and paper personnel files.
- Recruiting, such as:
- Screening applications.
- Setting up and completing phone screens.
- Scheduling interviews.
- Communicating follow-up with candidates.
- Oversee job postings on various job boards and update as needed.
- Update job descriptions and job posts as needed.
- Planning and scheduling orientation and onboarding.
- Creating and implementing training and professional development opportunities for staff.
- Updating policies and practices in performance management and employee recognition.
- Assist in Employee Engagement efforts
- Other tasks as needed
- Current student or recent graduate who majored in Human Resources and/or business administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals of all ages, ethnicity, education, and work experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality and abiding by HIPAA.
- Exhibits professionalism and a friendly demeanor, and is able to be a positive representative of the company over the phone and in person.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks.
- Reliable, ethical, and honest work ethic.
Maryland Wellness is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.