Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Education (SNAP-Ed) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Allegany County with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The position will be housed in the Allegany County Extension office in Cumberland, MD
· Serve as Project Leader for Allegany County SNAP-Ed Project.
· Develop the SNAP-Ed annual proposal with input from collaborators.
· Manage SNAP-Ed project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
· Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Allegany County.
· Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
· Use SNAP-Ed evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
· Attend SNAP-Ed staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
· Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
· Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills and experience in conducting community-based education programs.
· A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel in Allegany County and to SNAP-Ed trainings.
· Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
· Master’s Degree.
· Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
· Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
· Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
· Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.
Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $53,721. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. When applying, please submit application letter, resume, copy of transcripts and names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Closing Date: until filled
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply