Maryland Family Network is seeking applicants for Early Head Start Teachers in Baltimore City. Under the direction of the Center Child Development Specialist, teachers will plan and implement a high quality child development program serving children ages 6 weeks to 3 years, based on best practices and compliant with Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Assist with the care, safety, and well-being of all of the children.
- Assist with the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for infants and toddlers.
- Provide informal parenting education to participants in the Center.
- Attend trainings required by sponsoring agency and MFN.
- High School diploma required. AA degree in ECE preferred;
- Experience working in a licensed child care center required;
- 90 hour Child Care Certificate and 45 hour Infant/Toddler certificate + Infant/Toddler CDA required. Provisional acceptance can be given to candidates who complete the 45 hr I/T certification and I/T CDA within a specified period of time;
- Current physical examination and TB screening required; and
- Successful criminal background check as a condition of hire.
- Requires brisk walking, stooping, crawling, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; and
- Ability to get up and down off of a floor.
Competitive pay and benefits!