Part-time, paid internship with flexible number of hours per week.
Maryland CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Association is seeking an enthusiastic Instructional Design intern to join our team and assist with the implementation of a Learning Management System (LMS).
This internship will provide the opportunity to gain practical, professional work experience in the e-learning arena. The intern will collaborate with staff and outside professionals to create and promote online learning initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of instructional design, e-learning development or education related coursework. Content and courses created during internship may be used by the intern as part of their portfolio.
The ideal intern will be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, adult education, or related field.
- Researching and outlining course content and creating content maps, converting existing instructor-led material or presentations to online format
- Researching and organizing information to write instructional materials such as reference guides, audio/video scripts, storyboards, navigational text, assessment, surveys etc. that transform complex information into interactive online instruction.
- Create and design course models using an authoring tool
- Assist with the publishing of courses to Learning Management System (LMS)
- Assist in the development of course completion tests and learner feedback loops
- Update content on existing courses, as needed
- Assist learners with LMS or course-related questions
- Administrative duties including running reports, general LMS maintenance, etc.
- Preference given to student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Instructional Design or a related field.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours per week (120 hours during the semester). Hours are flexible but must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. any days Monday through Friday.
- Must have a basic understanding of instructional design best practices and basic knowledge of online learning either through coursework or experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn eLearning authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Learning Management Systems, such as Litmos
- Knowledge of social sciences and child welfare preferred but not required
About Maryland CASA Association
Maryland CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Association is a nonprofit organization that recruits and trains adult volunteers who are appointed by the court to serve as advocates for children who are under court protection and have been placed in foster care due to abuse and neglect. Maryland CASA supports the work of 14 affiliated CASA programs throughout the state by promoting public awareness, providing training and technical assistance, developing new programs, tracking legislation and other support services.
Job Type: Internship