The Markham Group is seeking a highly skilled individual to fill our internship position in a fast-pace event consulting firm. The candidate must have strong organizational and logistical skills, as well as impressive interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic. The Markham Group is a full-service public affairs, issue advocacy and event firm serving Fortune 500 companies, associations, and nonprofit foundations from around the world.
As part of the Event and Operations Team, this internship will work directly with members of the Event and Operations staff on various projects. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in day to day office tasks; answering phones, making copies, filing, etc.
- Assist with inventory management and ordering of office supplies and event production materials.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing shipments
- Assist in post event reporting
- Maintenance of clean, organized work areas
- Manage long term and short term research projects for public affairs, issue advocacy and event clients
- Assist and support other departments within the organization if needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Interest in a career in public policy, political campaigns, and/or event planning
Hospitality, Events and/or Customer Service Background
Excellent written and verbal skills
Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and, Excel are a must
Professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
Well organized with an eye for detail
Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Ability to work well under minimal supervision
Ability to work on multiple projects at one time in an efficient manner
Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Available to work overtime and weekends
This is a paid, part-time internship with the opportunity to pick up more hours outside business hours and on the weekends. $15 per hour.
The application period for the Spring 2022 Internship Program is now open, and we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The dates of the summer program will begin mid-late January and will end late May, with some flexibility. Applicants who are available to work in-person are preferred over virtual.
To apply please complete the online application (cover letter – including your hours of availability for the semester, resume, and two references) by Monday October 25, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; no calls or office visits, please.