Camp Wise provides a friendly, supportive, and cooperative atmosphere that fosters individual growth at each camper’s own pace. Campers are encouraged to learn new skills and master old ones, to make decisions, to take responsibility, to be expressive, to live with others, and to have fun. Complemented by our Jewish environment, campers develop a deeper understanding of and appreciation for Jewish heritage and traditions while also developing a true sense of community. Camp Wise is committed to making sure that every camper leaves with a greater sense of self-esteem and self-confidence; and with memories that will last a lifetime.
Each summer, we welcome a cohort of ambitious, independent, energetic, and compassionate young adults to serve as both leaders and learners in our community. We call them interns.
Why? Interns make the dream work as their dedication to enhancing professional skills, fostering personal connections, and desire to make an impact while seeking course credit as a bonus makes this a winning a combination. We value growth. That means we love and appreciate our interns, who form a camp leadership team under the supervision of directors. Our interns are paid a summer salary, receive room and board, and gain extensive professional development in a challenging and rewarding environment in various roles ranging from administrative to adventurous.
· Serve as a positive role model in the camp community and represent camp values
· Participate in required staff training prior to camp and staff meetings
· Foster an atmosphere of positivity, collaboration, support and inclusivity where learning is hands-on and fun
· Responsible for facilitating the daily routine, including planning activities, and implementing programs for campers in the cabin, village, or entire camp community
· Facilitate activities in a way that engages campers at all times and fosters the development of a growth mindset, self-respect, self-confidence, positive social relationships, teamwork
· Manage camper behaviors using behavior management techniques; enforce appropriate safety policies, emergency procedures, and camp rules
· Communicate and collaborate with staff daily to support camper success and growth
· Be an active, engaged, and punctual staff member
· Train and mentor the Staff-In-Training
· Tell us what your passion is; what’s your major? Your future?
· Determine a position that best fits your plans and outcome