Department: Manatt Health
Position Title: Consultant
Office Location: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Washington, D.C.
Job Req. #: 545 – 549
Manatt Health Overview
Manatt Health integrates consulting and legal expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the healthcare system. Combining legal excellence, first-hand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players. Our diverse team of more than 160 consultants and attorneys from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead healthcare into the future. For more information: https://www.manatt.com/health.
At Manatt Health, you will be inspired to make the world a better place. You will work with a team of passionate and driven professionals on the development of business strategy and policy recommendations for our clients. In this role, you will work on a broad range of substantive issues including: payment and delivery system transformation; healthcare reform implementation; health system and academic medical center strategy; Medicaid policy, redesign and innovation; Medicare program elements; digital health strategy; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage and reimbursement strategies.
Your responsibilities will include: developing high-impact strategies to advance our clients’ policy and business objectives; qualitative and quantitative research on healthcare business and policy issues, presentation development, design, and delivery; monitoring federal and state health policy trends; and tracking emerging healthcare market trends. Preferably, you will have demonstrated ability to review data to generate descriptive statistics and conduct analyses that address strategy and policy questions (a plus if you have strong financial modeling skills with the ability to develop financial models).
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion is a Manatt core value and fundamental to our organizational identity. We believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we live, work, and serve enriches Manatt’s culture and enhances our ability to understand our clients’ needs and develop better, more impactful solutions. Manatt’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee drives the firm’s efforts, working with firm leadership, and engaging our legal, consulting, and business professionals, to create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, public health, public administration, public policy, health administration, economics, or health care management from an accredited program.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in healthcare, with a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for healthcare policy, business and marketplace issues, health equity and other healthcare trends.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, communication, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- A self-starter who likes a fast paced environment with the ability to work independently, be part of a team, collaborate with others, and is eager and curious to learn new topic areas quickly.
- Strong computer skills, including professional proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Only accepting candidates who are expected to receive their graduate degree in 2022.
Join Us to Help Make an Impact
If you can see yourself on the cutting edge of the issues and opportunities facing the healthcare sector, we strongly encourage you to apply. You must apply through our online application portal (apply here). As part of your application, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, transcripts, and a 2-3 page writing sample from your academic or work experience where you are the sole author (examples include policy memo, briefing memo, issue brief, short research paper, market/competitive analysis or PowerPoint) .
Manatt is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.