Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of the Network as a Service (NaaS) team which provides network automation for Lumen’s edge value stream. The team is responsible for the NaaS application, development in the NaaS application, Itential (autopilot) development, cross-team collaboration on user stories, and writing documentation related to NaaS implementations. The intern for this role, should be highly motivated and ready to work in an Agile environment within a cross functional team and possess a basic understanding of software development primarily in Java or angular.
- Attend daily meetings
- Assist in developing software to support the NaaS application
- Build orchestration using the Itential (autopilot) platform
- Develop in the ACT and Rubicon activation systems.
- Development assistance in the creation of reusable APIs to drive standard configurations on top of Lumen’s global network and edge switching environments.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a US 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Software Development processes
- Basic understanding of Java and Angular
- Leverage Jira to track work
- Understand concepts or fundamentals of AGILE/SCRUM
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be curious, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Work Setting
- Ideally the position will be in one in the following office: Town & Country, MO (St. Louis area). May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!