Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will work in either Littleton CO or Remote on the Hybrid Cloud Operations team. This role is responsible for the development of defined projects and end user support for our Power Platform and Microsoft 365 productivity services. The intern should have an interest in the Power Platform and end user development with a mindset to take initiative, be resourceful and curious, not afraid to ask question and make suggestions with new ideas.
- Assist with development projects
- Support end user development; teach, train and consult
- Develop solutions, document, and build end user knowledge base content
- Assist in the support of Power Platform development (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Assist in the support of all Microsoft 365 productivity services
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards, and coding best practices
- Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint
- General knowledge of Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI) or willingness to invest time to learn
- Experience with various development languages including but not limited to: Java, C++, HTML, CSS, SQL, XML, Objective-C
- Experience with various databases such as; Oracle and SQL
- Previous internship experience within the IT field
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Collaborative and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- The position will be in one of the following offices: Littleton CO or work from home/remote.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the 10-week program (June 3– August 12, 2022)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization required
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!