Data Analyst (Epidemiology)
*This is an unpaid and time flexible position*
Life Singularity offers a breakthrough predictive health platform delivering personalized, geospatial monitoring with a strong focus on “prospective” virtual care for prevention of health events. The Life Singularity virtual health assistant combines empathy with innovative avatar-based technology, advanced sensing of emotions, behaviors and lifestyles, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) that generates actionable, real-time data and intelligent analytics, enabling clinicians to make better, timelier and “predictive” care decisions, catching the disease ahead of time.
Life Singularity is looking for an epidemiologist/data analyst with strong math, probability, and statistical skills who can help us in developing our health platform.
Here, at Life Singularity, chasing your passion will no longer be a side goal, but rather, our number one priority.
As a potential applicant, you may be confused as to why applying for an unpaid internship can be beneficial. While Life Singularity may be a small start-up, we hope to make your internship as valuable as possible. We want to utilize your skills to build advanced systems and help grow not only our company, but your portfolio. For many interns at Life Singularity, this sole experience has benefited them in the job market as we are an extremely well-connected company that is continuing to redefine the AI/Medical sector.
*We are very flexible at Life Singularity – We can work together to figure out which days/hours/schedule works best for you*
• A Bachelor’s Degree (in progress or completed) or graduate/higher level degree in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental, or social science
• Experience cleaning and analyzing large datasets using SAS
• Experience in designing studies, calculating sample size and applying statistical measures of probability
• Excellent computer skills in MS Access, MS Excel and SAS or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
• Excellent probability, math, and statistical skills
- Bio-statistics or population health background
- Modeling experience with Markov chains, bayesian statistics, cost-effectiveness and machine learning
- Epidemiology background is a plus