The Land O’Lakes Supply Chain & Operations division provides strategic leadership across the company’s many business units. The team plays a significant role in fueling revenue growth and profitability through operational excellence, quality, process improvement and innovation. By partnering closely with Finance, Marketing and Human Resources, the team delivers value to Land O’Lakes business units, members, and customers.
Prepares and communicates production schedules according to sales demand and objectives. Issues reports and maintains records as required. Interacts with corporate scheduling to effectively balance the needs of sales and operations. Communicates production issues, maintains production packaging and ingredients needs.
- Coordinate daily production schedules utilizing information provided by Logistics, Marketing and Production Departments
- Communicates those requirements into a structured production schedule to meet customer demands
- Distributes daily production schedules to production departments designating special production sequencing
- Communicates to and receives information from operations and other department group leaders
- Coordinate short-term forecasting information and provide structured plans to implement them into Production, including; capacity scheduling, sourcing needs, and production constraints
- Provide input to strategy meetings to problem solve and resolve critical issues to optimize scheduled production
- Sources and plans ingredient flows to the plant
- Review production demands and coordinates packaging and ingredient safety stock inventory to maintain production
- Places packaging and ingredient orders to suppliers to maintain safety stock inventory and production needs
- Communicates sourcing issues and provides input in resolving them
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business
- 4-year college degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or related discipline
- The ideal individual will have a minimum of 3-5 of progressive years with current planning/scheduling experience. Knowledgeable of warehouse management functions and exposure to a combination of disciplines including, production operations, purchasing processes, product packaging, and computer systems.
- Experience in a feed manufacturing or production environment highly desirable
- Intermediate proficiency with personal computer operations such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Demonstrated proficiency with QC, inventory control, shipping and receiving processes
- Ability to analyze trends and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, customer service environment; demonstrated interpersonal skills and conflict resolution sufficient to communicate performance expectations and motivate other co-workers
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time with exceptional program development experience in a supply chain environment (Manufacturing, QA, Sourcing, Logistics, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement)