Lafayette Federal Credit Union has been dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our members since 1935. We understand that in order to give the best to our members we must give the best to our team. As an institution, we are committed to the success of each employee and the betterment of our community. We are proud of our competitive pay and attractive benefits package that provides those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources needed to manage their heath, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future. We are currently seeking a motivated, driven, leader to assume our Branch Manager role to help us continue our tradition of excellence.
About this Position
In this role the Branch Manager, under general supervision but following established policies and procedures, will be responsible for efficient and effective management of a full-service branch office, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed, and delegating the day-to-day operations to the Assistant Branch Manager, as appropriate. Primary responsibility is for new business development and small business lending. Representing Lafayette Federal in a positive, professional and compassionate manner is essential and required by all branch personnel.
The Branch Manager will also:
- Ensures that the branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day.
- Delegates operational duties to the Assistant Branch Manager as appropriate, but assumes overall administrative responsibility for operating the branch.
- Interviews, schedules, trains, assigns work, establishes performance expectations and monitors results. Recommends the discipline and/or discharge of subordinates, while maintaining required personnel documentation.
- Supervises, directs and controls the activities of the branch. Coaches and counsels staff on an on-going basis.
- Ensures a trained, motivated and professional staff capable of providing efficient and effective branch services to the Credit Union’s members.
- Handles difficult members and problems not resolved by subordinates. Ensures that the branch balances at the close of each business day.
- Makes regular business development calls to solicit new business or improve service to existing members.
- Develop and maintain business partner relationships within the community and area schools by signing up one new SEG per quarter and coordinating branch participation in community activities.
- Recommend new business strategies, products and services to attract new clients. Represents the Credit Union at community events and meetings.
- Ensures the branch remains compliant with NCUA regulations and that prescribed security controls are maintained.
- Interviews members, gathers information required to make credit decisions.
- Intakes applications, and obtains credit reports and other verifications as necessary, analyzes credit risks, prepares necessary documents, and approves within his/her lending authority.
- Refers members and paperwork to appropriate specialized lender or senior lender when appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Contribute to the successful achievement of the deposit and loan goals as set by the PVP of Branch Operations for your branch on a monthly basis.
- Proactively develop a department culture where employees seek opportunities to cross-sell products and services for the betterment of our member.
- Demonstrate sustained regulatory compliance as evidenced by no repeat citings on external or internal audits.
- Hire and direct a cohesive, highly trained and motivated staff sufficient to meet the needs of the credit union.
- Exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Effectively and efficiently input performance observations of employees into Performance Pro, as well as providing and receiving feedback
- Be comfortable with frequently networking within the community as a representative of the credit union.
- Ensure the branch meets and exceeds all service scores
- Adhere to Lafayette Federal’s Service Standards Policy.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Have a desire to work in an inclusive and diverse office culture
- Be enthusiastic and positive about your role in the company’s success
- Be excited to collaborate with others on strategic projects and daily operations
Competencies we’re looking for in this role:
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A positive credit standing
- 3 – 5 years of similar or related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing a changing workload.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary. Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity and E-Verify Employer.*