At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program with the In-Vivo Research group in Ann Arbor, Michigan!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
The Ann Arbor Preclinical Oncology site executes preclinical oncology research on behalf of global clients. We use cutting edge science to evaluate the efficacy of new cancer fighting therapeutics in vitro and in vivo models.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Learn methods and processes for preparation of oncology therapeutics and vehicles
- Develop process improvements for receipt, tracking and storage of therapeutic compounds in a commercial setting
- Evaluate drug preparation techniques and personnel workflow to improve preparation handling, safety and timeliness
- Learn basics about preclinical oncology therapeutic delivery and study execution
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, zoology, biomedical engineering or related field
- Experience with chemical equations, preparation of solutions and associated equipment
- Has experience working with MS Excel
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple colleagues on a team and work independently