J.P. Morgan Wealth Management Program – Summer Opportunity
At J.P. Morgan Advisors, we have been helping high net worth individuals and families build and manage their wealth for more than 50 years. Comprised of an exclusive group of Financial Advisors throughout the United States, J.P. Morgan Advisors offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management and investment advisory services. Our Financial Advisors are among the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We excel at leveraging the vast resources of one of the world’s leading global financial institutions on behalf of our clients.
Our Program will pair Summer Analysts with Financial Advisors & their teams to experience how they deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help protect, manage, and grow wealth for clients. You will gain exposure to every facet of wealth management, including investments, lending, banking, as well as trust and estate planning. No client has identical goals, so understanding their unique needs and tailoring the approach to exceed expectations requires work across teams and the firm to provide the best possible client experience and service. This 9-week program is open to current college students. Opportunities are available in a variety of U.S. locations.
As part of the broader J.P. Morgan Wealth Management business unit which has over $400 billion in Assets under Management and ~4,000 advisors across the country, the J.P. Morgan Advisor Summer Analyst program provides broad exposure to the markets and diverse experiences that can help take your career in any direction
What to expect
The Program includes self-study training curriculum, group case study with fellow Summer Analysts, as well as work directly with Financial Advisors. Depending on the Financial Advisors & their teams, you may work on projects which relate to onboarding new clients & maintaining existing ones.
- Develop fundamental understanding of all business-related matters and responsibilities of a Financial Advisor
- Learn how to evaluate individual securities (stocks and bonds) and pooled investment vehicles (e.g., mutual funds and ETFs)
- Participate in calls and meetings related to research, marketing, investment products, etc.
- Provide summaries of research and analysis on various securities obtained from calls/meetings
- Learn how to prepare for and present to a prospect and/or client; possibility of participating in client meetings
- Assist Financial Advisors on developing marketing plans, building prospect lists, and executing on implementation plans
- Understand basic financial planning concepts and learn full lifecycle of how to put a financial plan together and then apply the plan on behalf of client
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction
- Strong technical skills required including: 1) Microsoft Office proficient; 2) Intermediate Excel skills required; 3) Familiarity with Bloomberg Terminal a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; Foundational understanding of financial and investment principles
- Outstanding communication skills; Able to draw out information through good listening and questioning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent team player, confidence to work with business partners at all levels
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and deliver quality results
- Currently enrolled in a college or university as a full-time student
- Pursuing a B.A., B.S., or 5th year M.A. or M.S with expected graduation date of December 2022 – May 2023
- Minimum preferred cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
At J.P. Morgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
After you click ‘Apply’, the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete our application.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step in the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed the HireVue. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
J.P. Morgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
©2022 J.P. Morgan Chase & Co is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.