Business Development Analyst
Our growing company is seeking a Business Development Analyst (BDA) to lead new investment sourcing and analysis and to identify new market opportunities. The BDA is a key member of our development team, working to source new investment opportunities, including but not limited to leading industry/market research, analysis and relationship building with acquisition target owners, executives and investment team. The successful candidate is self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity, has a financial mindset, and is extremely organized and resourceful. This person must be a team player, personable, and capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Identify and pursue the acquisition of net leased retail, industrial, and medical properties within newly established target markets. This will be accomplished primarily through a proactive and ongoing outbound calling effort focused on deal sourcing and relationship building.
· Conduct thorough and in-depth market research to identify new target markets, focused largely in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, that are in-line with the company’s investment strategy. Gather, analyze, present, and support data from research to acquisitions team members.
· Develop and maintain databases for new property pursuits, along with broker and other key contacts by market. Data will be collected through direct source communication (in-person, phone, e-mail) and indirect resources (Costar, Loopnet, Crexi, and others).
· Track key metrics and trends in target markets to assess impacts on new opportunities and existing portfolio assets.
· Work with senior management to analyze prospective investment opportunities.
· Analyze operating statements, operating expense reconciliations, rent rolls, leases, and other key financial statements and property level documents. Prepare financial models including cash flow projections, sensitivity analyses, and joint venture cash flows with various promote structures.
· Communicate with brokers and other intermediaries to develop supportable market leasing assumptions for underwriting.
· Assist in the preparation of investment packages for senior-level review.
· Compile due diligence information including financial, market, site, and municipal.
· College degree; in a business discipline
· Experience of 1-3 years in business development/lead generation (real estate experience a plus)
· Familiarity with Mid-Atlantic and Southeast markets
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (Argus Enterprise a plus).
· Top performer in the following areas: qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, finance, business judgement, and attention to detail.
· Self-motivated with high degree of intellectual curiosity, proactive mentality and desire to work in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment.
· High level of integrity with strong references.
· Very strong written and oral communication skills.
· Able to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and research capabilities. Proven self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Position is a full-time position, located in Columbia, Maryland (conveniently located between Baltimore and Washington DC).
JPB Partners (“JPB”) is an alternative asset investment firm specializing in the investment of private equity and commercial real estate primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S. JPB private equity invests in lower-middle market buyouts and recapitalizations of profitable businesses primarily in consumer-related industries—consumer health care, consumer products, and consumer services; food & beverage, restaurants, and specialty retail. JPB real estate acquires, develops, and manages commercial income producing assets and land for residential and commercial communities in the Baltimore/Washington corridor, Raleigh/Durham research triangle, and Northwest Florida. JPB was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Columbia, MD. For more information, please refer to our website at www.jpbpartners.com.