The Senior Research Data Analyst provides technical support to research, monitoring and evaluation activities for domestic and international programs implemented by CCP, with direction from higher-level R&E staff. The Senior Research Data Analyst assists Research and Evaluation Officers with activities along the continuum of research from conception and design to results interpretation, reporting and dissemination. He/She also supports the work of locally based research, monitoring and evaluation staff in CCP country offices, including research consultants and vendors, to implement and monitor research activities. Individuals in the Senior Research Data Analyst position have advanced education and/or training, and knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative methods including research designs and statistical analysis using analytical software. The Senior Research Data Analyst will travel internationally to deliver short-term technical assistance (STTA), with direction from higher-level R&E staff.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
I. Theory, Frameworks & Models
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of SBCC theory and models and applies it to R&E studies w/direction.
II. Research & Evaluation
- Conducts literature reviews to support R&E designs, and IRB protocols w/Direction
- Assists with the development of R&E quantitative and qualitative data collection tools w/Direction
- Assists with the development of mobile and electronic data collection tools w/Support
- Assists with drafts of RFP for R&E data collection w/Direction
- Assists with review of competitive proposals
- Assists with development and implementation of field training w/Direction
- Assists with supervision of R&E fieldwork and quality assurance w/Direction
- Assists with the development of research reports and manuscripts (includes scientific writing), presentations, posters, blogs and other products, with writing that is accurate and clear with logical flow, w/Direction
- Contributes data visualization resources for reports and other products w/Direction
III. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Conducts literature reviews to support MEL designs, and IRB protocols w/Direction
- Assists with identification of key indicators and development of Performance Monitoring Plans (PMPs) for projects w/Direction
MEL Data Analysis
- Assists in monitoring data compilation for program feedback w/Direction
IV. Statistics and Analysis
- Assists with R&E data cleaning and data preparation for analysis w/Direction
- Performs basic quantitative analysis using statistical software (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS) w/Direction
- Assists with R&E data preparation and codebook development for analysis w/Direction
- Performs basic qualitative analysis using software (Atals.ti. Nvivo, Deddose and others) w/Direction
V. Business Development
- Assists with PMP for proposals w/Direction
VI. Leadership and Professional Development
- Participates in internal CCP, R&E and MEL learning activities (includes staff meeting, CoP, StratCom, TIPS, others)
- Leads the organization of Research and MEL Labs w/Direction
- Manages students and temporary staff w/Direction
VII. Collaboration and Communication
- Involves and fully informs team members and supervisors in a timely way.
- Provides technical backstop for R&E staff, as needed w/Direction
Master’s Degree (MPH, MSPH, MS) preferably in communication, public health, or related behavioral science.
1-year related experience.
Spanish language proficiency for a professional setting is required.
Demonstrated ability on a significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of communication and/or behavior change theory; survey research and development of tools; quantitative and qualitative methods, database development, management, and analysis using analysis software; data visualization, interpretation, and results reporting; languages a plus.