Philanthropy Manager at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern WI (RMHC) is a premiere nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
The Philanthropy Manager assists the Director of Philanthropy in executing all fund and friend raising activities through portfolio management, Community Sponsored Fundraisers/Events, the Pop Tab Program and donor stewardship/ engagement events. Outreach, stewardship activities and initiatives should align with the fundraising goals and strategic plan of RMHC.
Donor Stewardship and Engagement
- Collaborate with Director of Philanthropy to develop a stewardship plan that honors our donors and friends of the House in ways that are meaningful and personal.
- Support the Marketing & Events team to develop stewardship-related content for the website, HomeWord newsletter, monthly emails and other RMHC materials as needed.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Events with reviewing, modifying, and refreshing donor acknowledgements each quarter to ensure donors are thanked in a personal, timely and appropriate manner.
- Make weekly thank you calls to RMHC and True Sense donors.
- Work closely with Director of Philanthropy and other colleagues to create and execute meaningful engagement opportunities for donors.
- Successfully track and execute RMHC strategic plan initiatives and tactics.
- Develop and manage relationships with current and prospective mid-level donors, and help grow monthly donors. Create and implement plans to include research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Work with Director of Philanthropy to establish an RMHC giving society for major donors.
- Secure event sponsors for RMHC events; collaborate with the Special Events Manager to create meaningful asks and sponsorship recognition.
- Secure unique auction items and other event needs.
- Use Exceed Beyond to track communication and touchpoints.
Community- Sponsored Fundraisers:
- Collaborate with Director of Philanthropy to create strategies and tactics to grow Community- Sponsored Fundraisers including Third Party Events and Cause Marketing opportunities to build relationships and awareness for our mission.
- Manage all aspects of Community- Sponsored Fundraisers
- Ensure Community Sponsored Fundraiser application forms are completed, tracked properly and that guidelines are followed.
- Represent RMHC at speaking engagements, third party events and community events and/or collaborate with Volunteer Services Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers to represent RMHC.
- Work with marketing team to create email and social media marketing messages to promote these events.
- Follow-up with personal contact by sending a personalized acknowledgement after each event and coordinating a check presentation, if needed.
- Use Exceed Beyond to track donor interactions.
- Provide quarterly reports showing program results.
Pop Tab Program:
- Manage all aspects of the Pop Tab Program
- Identify opportunities for growth, including sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage program inquiries.
- Work with marketing team to develop and execute a communication plan to promote the Pop Tab program.
- Collaborate with the Special Events Manager or Marketing and Events Intern to coordinate a successful Tab Toss Day.
- Steward and grow the Scout patch program.
- Create quarterly reports showing program results.
- Maintain accurate records documenting the program.
The background and experience of candidates should demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of fundraising, or other relevant experience.
- A passion for making a difference in a small nonprofit setting.
- Experience soliciting donations, sponsorships and auction items.
- Familiarity with donor data base systems.
- Highly collaborative professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Donor centric mindset.
- Ability to lead volunteer teams to successful outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility in scheduling with occasional evenings and weekends necessary.
- All full-time, part-time and contracted employees are required to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless a Vaccine Exemption is requested and approved.
Salary range- $45,000-$55,000 depending on experience