Marketing & Communications Specialist at Ex Fabula in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Ex Fabula is a nonprofit that connects Milwaukee through real stories. Our vision is a radically inclusive community that honors the dignity of all people, so we leverage personal stories to help community members grow, connect, and heal. Our programs include a season of public StorySlams and workshops, collaborations with businesses, schools, and nonprofits, and media partnerships that extend the reach of stories told onstage. Learn more at www.exfabula.org/about.
We are seeking an expert communicator to further increase the community’s awareness of and engagement with Ex Fabula. Our team works partly from home and partly from 5Wise co-working space at 35th/National. The schedule is variable with some evenings and weekends required; weekly in-person meetings will take place during regular business hours.
- Design and implement a multicultural marketing and communications strategy that deepens Ex Fabula’s impact.
- Propose success measures; collect and analyze data for those measures, and use it to refine strategies.
- Leverage their network in order to engage more individuals and organizations in Ex Fabula programming.
- Develop and produce event marketing materials, including flyers and posters, e-newsletters, social media campaigns, print mailings, and ads for Google Adwords and other platforms.
- Write compelling letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and grant reports.
- Update Ex Fabula’s website (WordPress) and manage events via WooCommerce e-ticketing platform.
- Manage all aspects of media / public relations including writing press releases, responding to media inquiries, and representing Ex Fabula at events.
- Coordinate all media partnerships including Ex Fabula Radio.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and access, and ability to work well within diverse communities.
- Ability to communicate passionately to a wide range of audiences in multiple formats (written, oral, visually).
- 3 years PR/marketing experience or transferable skill set that would uniquely qualify you for this work.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with consistent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, cloud platforms such as Dropbox, and WordPress sites.
- Graphic design skills and experience using InDesign preferred.
- 21+ to ensure access to all event locations.
Ex Fabula is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See our Nondiscrimination Policy here. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically underrepresented groups.
This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Executive Director. The salary range is $38,000 – $42,000 plus travel and cell phone reimbursement, a healthcare stipend, and a generous PTO policy.