Digital Organizer (located in Wisconsin) @ Leaders Igniting Transformation in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
ABOUT LEADERS IGNITING TRANSFORMATION:
Leaders Igniting Transformation (LIT) engages in values-based issue relational and electoral organizing, direct action, advocacy for public policy, and leadership development. On campuses and communities of color across Wisconsin, we organize young people to build independent political power for social, racial, and economic justice.
We’re looking for a creative and energetic digital organizer to help us deepen and build the support we offer to field operations, especially when it comes to online organizing and communications.
The Digital Organizer will work on the following buckets of work, and potentially more
Content Creation & Social Media
- Manage and maintain a robust presence on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, and more!
- Train and advise staff on digital communications strategy and social media best practices
- Track technology trends and apply needed upgrades and innovations to ensure platforms and campaigns remain current
- Listen, develop, and tell authentic and compelling stories of youth of color across our digital media
- Curate content for the LIT Voices Blog, including but not limited to recruiting community members to write blog content, and/or assisting staff members in writing blog content
Digital Organizing & Membership Engagement
- Write and create compelling, well-sourced content and forms to organize members and constituents to take action
- In collaboration with organizing staff, use social media, email, online advertising, and other digital tools to develop online-to-offline organizing programs
- Track, understand and apply analytics and metrics to measure the effectiveness of tools and strategies
- Maintain the LIT newsletter and LIT Voices Blog that updates a variety of stakeholders centers the stories of members, and advances the organizing campaigns from our organizing teams
- Create and maintain a digital ladder that deepens our online-to-offline organizing programs
- Manage independent contractors and project management for their deliverables to ensure timely delivery of creative products.
- Work with external vendors to help produce graphic content for social media and other digital platforms
- Work with external vendors to ensure proper translation of digital content in various languages
- Work with external vendors to help measure the progress/outcomes/impact of the digital ad program
Strong Candidates will come with
- At least 2 years experience creating high-quality digital content and campaigns to move people to take action
- An understanding of LIT’s mission to work to build homegrown leadership, expand access and opportunity, and promote an equitable society by engaging and organizing the leadership of young people.
- A commitment to building the leadership capacity of Black & Brown youth
- A commitment to learning and being in a community with a diverse staff from various racial & ethnic, gender, sexual, economic, and immigration status backgrounds
- A basic understanding of software & tools that include EveryAction 8, VAN (Voter Activation Network), Reach, Asana, Zoom, Measure.Studio, and Google Suite products.
- Bilingual or multilingual, Spanish preferred
- Goal orientation and strategic mindset, with the ability to adapt and collaborate to meet desired outcomes and metrics with thoughtful, proactive, and intentional communication
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to manage complex systems for tracking and program planning.
- Commitment to the growth and development of self, team, and community. Strong applicants will be inquisitive, curious, and open to feedback, direction, and collaboration.
- Proactive problem-solving, including the ability to think ahead, troubleshoot potential problems, seek solutions, and help the team meet their goals, with thoughtful communication about issues as they arise. Strong applicants will have significant prioritization skills and an adaptable work style.
Leaders Igniting Transformation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
- Employment Classify: Full-time exempt
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Compensation: $45,000 annually
- Benefits: Leaders Igniting Transformation offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, cell allowance, travel reimbursements, professional development fund, and more!
- Location: Wisconsin. We have resumed in-person work and are following strict COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Travel: Occasional