Here at Janney, we live our values. We deliver, with integrity, financial services to our clients to help them meet their investment, retirement and business goals. Our professional, respectful and team-oriented culture helps us to keep people at the center which has allowed us to exceed the expectations of our clients for over 185 years. This is who we are, this is what we do as we strive to be the highest standard of success in financial relationships
Janney Montgomery Scott’s Investment Banking team is seeking full-time candidates, for an Investment Banking Analyst, who have demonstrated professional, academic and extracurricular achievement and possess strong quantitative, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Analysts serve as key members of merger and acquisition and capital raising transaction teams, drafting information memorandum, developing management and investor presentations and participating in the deal process from start to finish. Analysts and Associates also create and analyze financial models, develop client presentations and conduct industry research.
- Prepare marketing documents, pitch materials, confidential information memoranda, board presentations, management presentations, etc.
- Create valuation analysis, including comparable companies, comparable transactions, discounted cash flows, etc.
- Conduct financial due diligence and industry research
- Create detailed operating financial models
- Support senior bankers in their relationship management responsibilities
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- Understanding of financial statements, including analyzing a company balance sheet, and valuation experience
- Exceptional research, analytical and quantitative reasoning skills
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and motivation
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a project or deadline-driven environment
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively and be a contributing member of the team
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and quickly grasp concepts and information to apply to work assignments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Visual Basic or Bloomberg preferred
- Experience with CapitalIQ preferred
- Desire for a career in the financial services industry
- Ability to work beyond a full time (37.5 hours/week) work schedule
- Undergraduate degree: Finance & Accounting preferred but other majors will be considered
- Prior experience in finance preferred
- History of outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred