Janicki Industries is looking to hire various levels of Project Engineers – from entry level to highly experienced. Ideal candidates would be eager to learn and work through complex engineering challenges in a collaborative environment. The Project Engineer is responsible for all activities that are carried out to successfully complete an assigned project, taking projects from directly interfacing with customers, through design and manufacturing. If you’re an engineer with a strong work ethic, thorough technical knowledge or enthusiasm for growth, and leadership aptitude, this is the role for you. Janicki is looking for Project Engineers to work in multiple areas, including composite parts and composite or metallic tooling.
Project Engineers are responsible for all activities that are carried out to successfully complete an assigned project. Activites may include interaction with customer and development of SOW, through design work, to manufacturing support.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Project Engineer:
- Works directly with the customer and internal technical teams to ensure progress on all stages of project lifecycle
- Communicates, consults with, and participates in design and manufacturing support
- Helps to develop and release planning and purchases supplies
- Develops and executes high level and detailed project plans, including managing schedules and budgets
- Works directly with the customer technical team to determine detailed requirements and deliverables, communicates or presents to customer on project status or health
- Directs and participates in engineering activities, including design and drafting, engineering reviews, and work order preparation
- Responsible for assuring materials are organized and ready for manufacturing, including carrying out purchasing activities
- Interacts frequently with shop floor to ensure project health; may have daily presence on shop floor
- Completes and understands all quality requirements for projects
- Manages project scope and performs risk assessments
- Monitors and reports project financial performance
- Shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Project Engineer has multiple levels of competency to be determined by performance, certifications, and supervisor discretion, shown on the table below.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required. Education may be substituted with equivalent industry experience in aerospace, marine, or transportation industrial manufacturing
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience with SAP ERP Software is advantageous
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software is required
- Experience with CATIA and NX or equivalent CAD software is required
- Experience working with composites, in a lean manufacturing environment or working with complex aircraft assemblies is ideal
- Must be willing and able to obtain a government issued security clearance.
- Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Regular office equipment and materials.
Must be able to work at keyboard for extended periods of time. Must be able to perform physical tasks on the production floor on occasion. May involve use of tools or climbing on parts. Physical hazards such as being in the immediate area with forklifts and other heavy equipment unavoidable. Chemical hazards in production work areas unavoidable.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.