What you’ll do – Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop curriculum, organize teaching resources, and deliver instructional plans.
- Provide personalized support and mentorship to students, working one-on-one or in small groups with students. Build strong student relationships based on deep trust over time.
- Use a customized Learning Management System (LMS) to update course materials
- Grade homework and create mastery based standards/rubrics
- Design a range of marketing materials, prep seminars and organize workshops
- Communicate consistently and frequently with parents about students’ goals and progress, take in feedback and address any questions or concerns directly, positively and in a timely manner.
Who you are – The Ideal Candidate:
- Extremely passionate about education...it’s a calling, not a career!
- Sufficient teaching experience, online teaching experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and flexible spirit. You have a desire to increase responsibility over time and a commitment to grow with JA.
- A warm and fun demeanor. You love bonding with your students.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision. You always take initiative.
What you get – Perks & Benefits
- A team of educators deeply committed to our work and each other
- Competitive compensation starting at approximately $100/teaching hour, including performance bonuses. (At Jade Academy, we value talent very highly and are happy to make compensation adjustments based on performance and abilities.)
- Freedom and support to lead your own projects, participate in all-hands meetings, make meaningful contributions and receive professional training
- Rotations between teaching & curriculum, summer/winter program, marketing, and operations teams
- Flexible schedule and remote work options (our office is based in Beijing and Los Angeles, but we have a network of teachers all across the globe).
- Outstanding interns may be offered a full-time position upon graduation!
Please submit 2 things to email@example.com :
- Your resume
- A 1-2 minute video where you talk about 1) your career goals 2) why education 3) why JA
All applicants can expect to hear back within 5-10 business days.