Entry-level ABA Therapist
Are you thinking about next steps after graduation and would like a job that makes a powerful impact in the lives of others? Are you looking to launch a career in the field of special education or psychology? Ivymount School and Programs is looking for passionate, mission-oriented individuals to join our team as entry-level ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) therapists.
Celebrating its 60-year anniversary, Ivymount School and Programs is a leader in the field of special education, serving students with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, whose needs cannot be met in the public school system. The ABA therapist plays an integral role in the Ivymount community, supporting students’ educational, social, and behavioral growth.
Experience and impact: You will gain valuable experience in the field of special education, make a significant contribution to the lives of students, and learn from experts in the field.
Training and Professional Development: Ivymount provides exceptional training in Applied Behavior Analysis and offers on-going professional development opportunities. Our ABA positions can be a great job to have before or during going to graduate school. You will gain a wealth of training and experience to enrich your studies.
Supervision in the Field of ABA: We provide supervision for employees seeking or maintaining their BCBA, BCaBA or RBT credentials
Work/life Balance: Following our school calendar, ABA therapists work an 11-month school year, are guaranteed full-time work hours with no evenings or weekends and enjoy winter and spring breaks.
Comprehensive benefits package: Ivymount offers health and wellness benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
Growth at Ivymount: Ivymount has a strong culture of growing and promoting talented employees from within our organization.
How you will make an impact as an ABA therapist
· Using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, the ABA therapist works with a team of teachers and specialists to provide the highest level of education and support for each student, using evidence-based practices adapted for students’ unique needs.
· Through collecting and analyzing data, the ABA therapist will make necessary changes as appropriate to ensure student success and meet the goals of the Behavioral Improvement Plan (BIP) and the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
· Whether working one-on-one with a student or working with a small group of students, the ABA therapist will participate in the growth and learning of each student with whom they work, a rewarding role to play in the lives of students and their families.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Ivymount has a strong culture of respect and embraces diversity and promotes inclusion amongst students and staff. See our Diversity and Inclusion Statement here.
· Bachelor’s degree (Education or Psychology preferred)
· Experience working with students with autism or related disorders preferred by not required
· Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously
· Cooperative participation within a team
· Willingness to participate in and a desire for on-going training and professional development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with colleagues and parents
· Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
· Computer skills related to common office tasks such as email, conducting internet searches, and using MSOffice (e.g., MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to apply
For a thorough description of the job responsibilities and job requirements for this position, and to apply, please visit the career page of our website:
To learn more about the various programs within Ivymount School and Programs, visit: https://www.ivymount.org/home.