Itemize is looking for someone who is eager and driven to learn how research can help build a product to greatness. Interns will work with our UX research lead, designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders throughout the internship and contribute to our ongoing effort to understand our users.
This position is remote available in Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, and surveys
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience as a user researcher
- Methodological skills such as expert review, usability testing, survey design, text & verbal analysis, and observational fieldwork
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers throughout the product development process
- Experience with research across a variety of products and platforms
- Familiarity with Research tools such as Optimal Workshop, Dscout, Qualtrics (or similar)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects demonstrating flexibility in applying research methods in varied contexts (include online portfolio link with resume)
- Bachelor s degree in Research, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Quantitative research experience such as A/B testing, SQL, statistical analysis, data analysis, and working with large amounts of data