Invenra is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join our growing Protein Analytics/Characterization team. This position will support numerous projects relating to Invenra’s protein biotherapeutics development pipeline. Critical aspects of the job entail assisting in the purification and characterization of monospecific/multispecific antibodies, antigens, and other engineered proteins. The successful candidate will work with scientists and research associates within and across functional teams to become proficient in protein purification and characterization technologies. The position requires excellent communication and seasoned scientific and problem-solving skills with a strong focus faithfully executing assays in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Ideal candidates are currently employed or have been employed in similar types of positions and want to be a part of an expanding biotechnology company doing innovative work. Candidates must bring intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the founding team: the highest standard of integrity, a tremendous work ethic, and a passion to succeed.
- Affinity purification of proteins.
- Using various analytical instruments (e.g., Nanodrop, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, etc.) to examine antibody concentration, purity, binding, melting temperatures, aggregation, stability, etc.
- Preparing analytical standards, lab buffers, and reagent stocks.
- Ordering/stocking lab supplies.
- Organizing and preparing supplies for weekly routine testing workload.
- Compiling data, reviewing data, and communicating results.
- Assisting in the preparation of shipments.
- Contributing to project core teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience using standard lab equipment (e.g., variable pipettes, analytical balance, centrifuge, pH meter, etc.).
- Experience with SDS-PAGE and operation of sensitive analytical instrumentation is highly desired.
- Experience with Excel, Google Sheets, or other statistical software for basic data analysis and visualization is required.
- Experience with protein affinity purification techniques is preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions of senior lab members for successful completion of experiments.
- Must be capable of following standard operating procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills.
- Should embrace working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple tasks and evolving priorities.
The target candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or other biological/physical science discipline (molecular and cell biology, physics etc.) with one or more years of relevant industrial or academic laboratory experience. Consideration will also be given to candidates with associate degrees in the life/physical sciences with 3+ years of laboratory experience. Experience and technical aptitude will be considered as a substitute for formal education for candidates without a degree
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health and dental benefits, 401k match, stock option grants, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and paid company holidays. At Invenra, we believe in maintaining the highest ethical standards and ensuring that all employees have a good work-life balance.