INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University, Suffolk University, Illinois State University, and Hofstra University.
The Commercial Finance Analyst has a direct reporting line to the Director, Commercial Finance – INTO North America with additional (dotted) reporting lines into the Executive Directors for any entities for which they have financial responsibility.
The role will be to provide the financial management of one or more entity through the continuation and development of financial and budgeting processes, as well as the provision of relevant financial information to key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be expected to be highly proficient in all aspects of business operations and contribute to the efficiency and profitability of the entities and INTO North America. This position is a key support role for the Commercial Finance function within the US Region, primarily supplying timely and accurate information to assist in critical operational decisions and to enhance business partner relationships. Dependent upon need, this position may also be asked to provide support with analysis and reporting for INTO North American and the US entities. Duties and scope may change as this role evolves. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Manage multiple entities’ financial functions and oversee the daily operations of the finance departments
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the student billing and cash receipts.
- Perform overall account reconciliation and analysis to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Compile annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, and presentations for management which include analysis of monthly operating results against budget and review with management, including commentary to explain variances
- Assist in establishing and implementing short- and long-range department targets and procedures relating to the assigned finance department.
- Manage and forecast cash flows, to include the identification and implementation of funding plans for the entity (e.g. Partner loans)
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with University Partner financial personnel, including regular review of assigned entities’ financials
- Review, prepare, and participate in presentations as required for the entities’ Boards and other key stakeholders.
- Perform responsibilities of the secretary of the finance committee for each entity you have responsibility, as laid out in the Finance Committee Terms of Reference.
- Provide support to the INTO North America Commercial Finance team and business partners, as needed
- Assist with annual review of prices and Terms and Conditions.
- Contribute to and actively participate in overall INTO Global Finance Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at our office at INTO Hofstra, New York. Travel will be required to the centers on an as needed basis. Additional travel may be required and will be agreed in advance with your line manager.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package included.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience
- Experience working with accounting/operational software packages
- Knowledge of best accounting practices
- Ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely to non-finance people
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal supervision
- Competent IT and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Desire and ability to engage with students and staff from across the globe
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of SalesForce and/or Financial Force
- Experience working in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with international students