Lead technical and operational projects that involve a broad range of equipment, materials, and procedural issues under a minimum level of supervision. The Project Engineer will have demonstrated work and leadership characteristics required to achieve success in a multi-faceted manufacturing environment. The position demands an individual capable of working on technical and operational projects that involve a broad range of equipment, materials, and procedural issues.
1. Successfully lead assigned corporate strategic projects:
• Select and organize the project team.
• Develop a robust capital plan to meet the goals of the project including: o Ensuring that world-class safety practices are designed into the process. o Ensuring the equipment is designed for low cost and efficient production.
- Productivity gains with automation of process simplification.
- Reprocess raw materials usage to improve yield.
- Energy efficiency.
- Ease of maintenance and clean-up.
- Selecting equipment that is both cost-effective and demonstrably capable of ensuring the attainment of the project goals.
- Execute the approved capital plan.
- Meet capital budget target.
- Meet the timeline for installation and operation.
- Meet the project performance requirements.
- Develop and conduct employee training sessions as needed for new equipment and process.
- Maintain detailed records and orderly files on all assigned projects.
- Issue period status reports.
2. Recommend improved processes, procedures, equipment, and materials that will enhance the efficiency of manufacture and quality of IPG’s products.
3. Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost-efficient manner.
4. Recommend equipment and processes for the manufacture of new products.
5. Investigate and provide remedies for manufacturing process problems.
6. Establish working relationships with outside personnel to meet project objectives.
7. Establish working relationships with outside personnel to meet project objectives.
8. Knowledgeable of current products, processes, equipment, and procedures to apply to design and equipment analysis.
9. Evaluate environmental compliance projects as they relate to the process function.
10. Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.
11. Develop, implement and communicate work instructions, procedures, and other documentation as necessary to support work responsibilities.
12. Related tasks as requested by supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum B.S. Engineering with 5+ years of documented Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Logical thought processes demonstrated project design and management skills.
• Good understanding of statistics. Experience in using Six Sigma with training in Black Belt, Green Belt, etc.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen concepts.
• Understanding of modern PLCs and how they integrate with a machine.
• Understanding the database systems like Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD or Solidworks with AutoCad being preferred.
• Understand plant metrics such as MUV.
• Work effectively as a member of a team. Small team leadership abilities.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills required. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Standards of Performance:
• Results Focused. Successful completion of projects as measured by the KPIs is paramount.
• Demonstrates practical problem-solving abilities.
• Maintains a level of trust and credibility within and between departments.
• Prioritizes work to focus on important problems/issues.
• Communicates clearly, efficiently, and professionally with others in the organization.
• Maintains sufficient knowledge of safety and environmental regulations as they may pertain to work assignments.
• Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
• Willingly provides consultative services to other departments as needed.
• Processes are monitored and evaluated for environmental regulations compliance.
• Special assignments are completed on a timely basis, including status reports on the work.