Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a recent college graduate as an Office Manager/Legal Assistant in our Washington, DC office. The successful candidate will be a sharp, organized, and detail-oriented individual who is interested in learning about the financial services industry and legal work. This position could be an excellent choice for a candidate considering applying to law school or business school.
The Office Manager/Legal Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance and administrative support to IB’s in-house attorneys and manage our DC office.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the firm’s DC office;
- Perform general administrative duties (e.g., copying, mail delivery, ordering office supplies) for the Legal Group and other in-house staff;
- Prepare reports and legal correspondence;
- Managing the company’s litigation calendar;
- Create, organize, index and maintain electronic and hardcopy case files;
- Provide support and assistance to IB in-house counsel in the office and during legal proceedings, including assisting with review and filing of pleadings and discovery, preparing summary reports and review of opposing party reports and exhibits;
- Ensure delivery of all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Work on and manage specialized projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proficiency with desktop applications and MS Office suite of products is required;
- Proficiency conducting online searches and retrieving relevant information as needed;
- IT knowledge would be helpful.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups