If you are passionate about computer graphics and working with leading graphics engineers on Intel’s latest GPU/CPU architectures, then our Graphics and Throughput Computing Hardware Engineering (GTCHE) Team has opportunities for you. In GTCHE, we are passionate about delivering best-in-class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future. The Visual and Machine Learning IP team is within GTCHE delivering discrete and integrated graphics IPs to the client and datacenter markets.
In this position, as a Graduate Intern – Graphics Hardware, you will be part of a team implementing Discrete and Integrated graphics IPs/ SoCs on leading edge process technology. The team is responsible for all structural design and optimization flows ranging from Floorplanning, Synthesis through Layout and parallel verification flows such as Static Timing Analysis, Formal Verification, Layout Verification etc.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Development, implementation, and execution of a range of flows on a given design block for graphics products
- Creating new methodologies/ implementing them and validating them to tackle new challenges presented by the new processes
- Working closely with the rest of the project team members to resolve issues which arise during the design cycle
- Providing feedback of key learnings into the next chip cycle
Behavioral Traits Sought:
- Good interpersonal/communication skills are necessary due to the nature of work and the size of the team
Candidate must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Requirements listed below would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences, schoolwork/classes/research
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program in Electrical, Electronics, or Computer Engineering or a directly related discipline
3+ months of educational or industry experience with the following:
- Logic/ VLSI/ ASIC Design/ Architecture
- Knowledge in one or more of ASIC style design flows
- Floor planning, synthesis, place and route, layout verification, static timing analysis, formal/ layout verification – flows/processes
- Unix/ Linux, Perl and TCL to implement useable, flexible cshell/ perl/ tcl programs that automate tool/flow methodologies
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.