Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate opening for a Research Analyst with experience or interest in the analysis of cybersecurity, cyberspace operations, and the use of information technology systems to support military operations. The analysis includes both Major Acquisition Programs and fielded systems in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid and senior-level Department of Defense personnel regarding operational test and evaluation of major acquisition programs and fielded systems. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing or related activities to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of such assessments and operational tests is required. Travel is required.
- Candidate must meet one of the following education/experience combinations.
- A minimum of a PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math disciplines, such as Applied Mathematics, Astrophysics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics; OR
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math disciplines, such as Applied Mathematics, Astrophysics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics Applied Mathematics, Astrophysics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, coupled with 10+ years’ experience in research, system design/engineering, or operational testing.
- Previous military service or Department of Defense test and evaluation and/or acquisition experience is desirable, but not required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer