Position Title: IT Administrator
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
Position Description: Responsible for providing IT support and services for the school (K-12) in all areas of technology as well as ongoing training and problem solving.
- Oversee and maintain a network on which employees and students can operate computers and Chromebooks safely and securely.
- Effectively manage time serving the needs of two campuses.
- Assist in implementing and managing technology systems for the school.
· Provide IT support to school personnel for PC troubleshooting, network, email, Internet access, and hardware and software issues.
· Provide telephone support, onsite support and remote support to school personnel and students.
· Anticipate future IT technology needs and identify proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
· Oversee the management of student/staff technology activities and resolve escalated issues when necessary.
· Assist the regional and Corporate IT Staff with special projects and help as needed.
· Help establish and build relationships with vendors on behalf of the school.
· Work with corporate IT personnel to establish and implement departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
· Communicate with school faculty and staff to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
· Assist in training staff and students in using the school technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Imagine Schools Six Measures of Excellence in the execution of duties.
- Model positive character virtues and habits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal/School Leaders.
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent.
· Experience: Minimum of 2 years in similar role; knowledgeable in Google Apps; IT service support experience desired.
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Good oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with individuals with varying degrees of technical expertise, in varied departments/organizations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with other staff, vendors and customers in a multi-cultural environment. Ability to remain pleasant and helpful under sometimes-stressful circumstances.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Imagine Schools is a non-profit national network of 50 public charter schools educating more than 31,000 students in eight states and the District of Columbia. Imagine Schools partners with parents and guardians to educate their children, providing high quality schools that prepare students for lives of leadership, accomplishment, and exemplary character. Learn more at ImagineSchools.org.
Imagine Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer