We are consistently hiring Research Associate Level 1 and 2 to join our Oncology Assay Development team and are using this as a standing job posting. At Illumina, we are driving the positive progress of genomics by developing the world’s most accessible NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) technology. Here you’ll find a career where every day brings new adventures, challenges, and breakthroughs. Join us as we catalyze the future of human health.
As a Research Associate within Illumina’s Oncology Business Unit, you will work as part of multi-disciplinary Product Development team to support sample preparation in the generation of sequencing based assays for clinical oncology applications. In this role you will primarily be responsible for preparing and testing samples to support assay development and optimization.
- Plan and execute various laboratory activities with limited instruction
- Perform experiments, keep detailed lab notebook, perform data analysis, write reports and present results and updates for manager and teams as needed
- Produce and test complex reagents
- Hands on development of sample preparation kits including working with bioinformatics on data analysis and interpretation
- Communicate results and conclusions to aid in team decision making in a fast paced research environment using a product development process
- Contribute to ongoing development activities, including various aspects of planning, feasibility, operation, and transfer
- Manage goals and duties within defined target timeframes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, genomics or related field.
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in development of molecular biology and/or biochemical applications including DNA based techniques, with emphasis on RNA based techniques
- Product development experience, including assay optimization, reagent development, integration and testing, transfer to production and documentation
- Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing technologies (NGS)
- Ability to think and work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Analytical, detail oriented, organized, efficient, problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced and dynamic development environment
- Must be fluent in use of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Hands on experience with HiSeq, NextSeq or MiSeq operation strongy preferred
- Experience with Illumina’s sample prep methods strongly preferred
- Knowledge of NGS secondary analysis techniques desirable
- Hands on experience with FFPE tissues
- Training or experience in the field of oncology including DNA and RNA variants desirable
- Clinical experience such as: IVD product development, Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT), and/or Companion Diagnostics (CDx) desirable
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf