The Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections is seeking a compassionate and motivated LPN for an opening in St. Anthony, Idaho. If you are interested in working with youth and making a difference, then this is the position for you. To view the official job positing and apply, click here
Salary Range: $18.85- $22.41 depending on experience. See job description for details -Plus Competitive Benefits!
What’s in it for you?
- A full benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, wellness, and telehealth. Benefits start the 1st of the month following your date of hire.
- Health Care and Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) available.
- PERSI Retirement benefits and other retirement programs
- Paid sick and vacation that starts accruing the day you start, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid Parental Leave covering the birth or adoption of a child for up to 8 weeks!
- Permanent, full-time classified employment status after successful completion of an entrance probation.
- Coursework reimbursement available
- This position works in a 24/7 facility and may work rotating shifts.
This position provides practical nursing services and medical care for juveniles at a Juvenile Corrections Center. Nursing services and medical care includes evaluating, treating and referring juveniles medical complaints, dispensing medication, arranging for ancillary medical services, maintaining medical records and reports and educating juveniles and staff regarding health care issues and disease prevention.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the state of Idaho or state licensure as a Practical Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Willing to work in a juvenile facility
- Must meet federal PREA standards (see exam)