ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Who are you?
Are you a natural leader with business and financial acumen who has an interest in collaborating with exceptional people to bring important new medicines to market? ICON is looking to find talented students to work in an exciting summer internship program in Project Management (PM). In this role you will learn about the clinical research industry from the inside out. You will be working alongside PM colleagues who are located across the globe.
What will you be doing?
· Assist team members with the completion of project specific tasks
· Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, spreadsheets, etc. to support Project Management functions
· Compile and analyze data, as well as prepare reports
· Provide administrative assistance in the support of special projects
· Create and develop presentations
· Other tasks under the direction of ICON mentors, as assigned
What do you need to have?
· This internship is for junior or senior undergraduate university/college students or masters-level students majoring in Finance, Business Administration, or Life Sciences ONLY
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications; SharePoint experience, strongly preferred
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with good attention to detail
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Read, write and speak English fluently
· 0 – 2 Years of related experience
· Must be 18 years or older
· Candidate must have availability to work full time for 10 weeks beginning in January (M-F, 8a-5p)
LOCATION: This internship will be home-based.