Analyst/Manager, Institutional Clients
Location: Hong Kong SAR, China
ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management (“ICBCCS”) was jointly established by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and Credit Suisse in 2005. It was the first asset management arm of a Chinese bank set up in China. With RMB 1.41 trillion (USD 216 billion) of assets under management as of December 31, 2020, ICBCCS offers a diverse range of products and services which are “China-led and client-focused”.
ICBCCS is a market leader in highly tailored, customized programs for institutional clients, which represents roughly 50% of its AUM as of December 31, 2020. The Analyst, Institutional Clients position is a development and supporting role, but it is integral to the Institutional Sales and Client Relations team’s distribution efforts, and a critical component to the successful delivery of a superior end-to-end client experience. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects involving different asset classes, and new products that are constantly being launched. You will also be able to support senior members of the team, and work with CIOs, Portfolio Managers, CFOs, Treasurers from a variety of institutional investors, such as central banks, sovereign wealth funds, supranationals, insurance companies, private banks and corporates. Most of the client counterparts you will be working with will have finance, economics, science and engineering degrees and earned CFA designations. The team looks for candidates with a diversity of backgrounds and skillsets.
The company will provide you with support to prepare for required licensure exams (e.g. SFC License for RA1 – Dealing in Securities), as well as optional, although highly encouraged professional designations and advanced trainings such as the CFA.
Successful Analysts will have the opportunity to continuously take on new responsibilities and suggest better ways of working. Analysts will also have immediate exposure to revenue generating work and client meetings alongside senior members of the team, with the potential to take on direct client responsibilities early in their careers.
- Participate in internal training programs hosted by various divisions within the broader organization (Hong Kong as well as in Beijing), and develop a deep understanding of ICBCCS capabilities and investment strengths
- Responsible (with support from supervisors and investment and research teams within the firm) for timely production of the team’s weekly, monthly and quarterly equity and fixed income market commentaries and newsletters
- Responsible for the timely production of the team’s marketing materials, including translation of materials from Chinese to English, and summarizing case studies and lengthy documents in a highly concise manner in English
- Act as the primary person for calculation and maintenance of fund-related reporting and analysis datasets, utilizing third-party data vendors such as Bloomberg and Wind; proactively explore ways to improve the workflow
- Ownership of internal client planning tools; provide senior members of the team with meeting prep and client analysis reports
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and work with external partners such as eVestment to deliver fund performance information on a timely basis
- Work with senior members of the team on client onboarding, reporting and prepare reports as necessary
- A passion for capital markets and the asset management industry
- Excellent communication skills, an upbeat personality; ability to maintain composure and work effectively under pressure
- A desire to work closely with peers and colleagues across the entire organization
- Dedication to excellence and performance to the highest standards
- Commitment to highest level of integrity, and always put clients first
- Comfortable getting out of one’s comfort zone, and proactively pursue opportunities to accelerate learning and career development
- 0-3 years of experience (candidates with more experience will be considered for the Manager position) in client service, sales, research or investment at a top-tier asset management firm or bank
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills; experience with Excel macro/python could be helpful
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Mandarin is a must; Cantonese is an advantage
- BA/BS degrees in finance, economics, science or engineering from a top-tier university
- Progress towards a CFA designation is strongly desired
ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management Company Limited (“ICBCCS”) was jointly established by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (“ICBC”) and Credit Suisse Group in 2005. It was the first asset management arm of a Chinese bank to be set up in China. Supported by the scale, stability, and information access of ICBC’s local franchise, ICBCCS’ mission is “to deliver superior investment management services through attractive, but steady investment results”. ICBCCS places great emphasis on strong internal governance, professional management of investment risks, sophisticated research and best people.
Our Investment Philosophy:
– Prudent Investment
– Fundamental Investment
– Long-term Investment
– Align with stakeholders’ strategic vision
– Be influential globally
– Be respected in the industry