Calling all Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes enthusiasts – our Claims Trainee program might be the perfect fit for you to launch a rewarding career all while flexing that investigative muscle. Our hires in this program unite with subject matter experts to dive deep into every facet of the claims process – following cases from start to finish including: investigating claims, analyzing insurance contracts, evaluating scope of damages and negotiating final resolutions with customers and claimants.
We’re eager to build a stable foundation for young professionals to grow and prosper at IAT – providing hires with the opportunity to understand all areas of the claims process through field work and hands-on, video conference and online training.
To best serve our customers and partners, candidates must have strong communication skills, be customer-focused, inquisitive by nature, and detail-oriented.
The Claims department at IAT Insurance Group has multiple openings for homeowner’s Property Claims Trainees that can be located in our Raleigh, North Carolina, Naperville, Illinois, or Alpharetta, Georgia location, starting June of 2022.
This position is a great entry-level career opportunity and/or a great position for someone with several years of industry experience who wants to continue to learn and grow in the insurance industry.
As a Claims Trainee, you’ll make an impact by:
- Handle claims relative to homeowner’s Property.
- Investigating each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifying/ investigating/resolving potential fraud/misrepresentation issues.
- Working hand-in-hand with insureds, claimants and/or their attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Following standard practices and procedures to determine legal liability and achieve final resolution of a claim.
- Verifying/analyzing applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishing 24-hour contact and maintaining appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Identifying and addressing subrogation/contribution opportunities.
- Setting accurate timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with claims guidelines.
- Evaluating, negotiating, and authorizing settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selecting, directing and managing vendors.
- Drafting correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Applying for and maintaining resident/nonresident adjuster licenses.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
We’re ready to onboard a candidate with:
- A four-year college degree, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent applicable experience (We will consider May 2021 graduates)
- Equivalent is defined as 4 years of applicable insurance industry experience.
- The desire and ability to travel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrated leadership, professionalism, organization and time management.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by employer, now or in the future.
*Current IAT employees must have been in their role for at least six months and must have received, at a minimum, a “Meets Expectations” during their performance review to be eligible for the program.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It’s about far more than being a workplace. We’re a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it’s how we live. We’re committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That’s why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.