Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is the design, technology and engineering arm for all North American models of the Korean-based Hyundai Motor Group (HMG).
Our success in satisfying the demands of increasingly sophisticated consumers is a direct result of the investment Hyundai has made in the future of American automotive engineering. We are committed to becoming the leading automotive maker by delivering uncompromising quality and maximum customer satisfaction through revolution and change.
We are currently seeking an ADAS Validation Engineer responsible for validation of parking functions of the ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. As an ADAS Validation Engineer, the team member is responsible with ensuring the successful, reliable & repeatable delivery of active safety systems and the respective features that comprise the brand marketing strategy related to Hyundai Motor Group. This role is located at our Superior Township, MI location (just East of Ann Arbor).
The engineer will be responsible for ensuring the technical validation of the end-to-end (E2E) solution focusing on component & system performance, creating validation reports and general system functionality as a customer would interact with the vehicle & system. The individual will be required to collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders (i.e. HMG R&D, suppliers, quality departments & the respective product planning teams, etc…). The candidate is expected to have knowledge of the system component sensors (i.e. radar, lidar, camera & ultra-sonic), architecture (i.e. vehicle & sub-system) and be able to provide recommendations related to the User Experience (UX). The engineer should have troubleshooting / root cause analysis skills and be proficient with both oral and written communication, so effective and efficient communication is provided to management and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
* Conduct validation of the Autonomous Parking functionality based upon Test Development Plans (TDP’s). Inclusive in this endeavor is the ability to create and modify existing TDP’s related to camera, radar & lidar based systems, to improve the validation efficiency.
* Identify specification deficiencies that prevent the system from functioning & accurately report these concerns for tracking and company alignment. Roles and responsibilities inclusive to the candidate: follow the company reporting methodology, understand and apply the North America customer requirements / usage of ADAS, perform technical analysis, provide root cause, manage risks / issues / actions to closure, direct all vehicle modifications, evaluate Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), evaluate Development Validation (DV) / Production Validation (PV) plans and create / manage the project scope pertaining to bench and field validation.
* Create and present reports for management review. Report content will vary depending upon the scope of work, but typical reports will include project status for successful delivery, technical advancements, new trends & competitive benchmark studies.
* Participate in design reviews and workshops to define ADAS Parking feature requirements and specifications. Convert the requirements and specifications into a TDP and execution plan. This role can also include, specifying specialized engineering tools related to design, simulation and test automation.
* Evaluate field / customer concerns after system launch & drive resolution to maintain or improve customer expectations.
* Participate in or conduct competitive vehicle benchmarking activities. Collaborate to plan & schedule evaluations with suppliers, distributors and HMG R&D as appropriate, prepare vehicles, run evaluation and report findings. Also, support HATCI-Product Planning customer clinics related to Electronics System Development (ESD) efforts.
* Perform and participate in cost saving initiatives along with activities that will analyze revenue streams and improve upon the overall business model related to ADAS implementations.
* Research new technologies by attending supplier demonstrations, visiting trade shows & reviewing trade journals. Report on findings & make recommendations for future products. Provide monthly news articles for distribution. Participate in company-sponsored activities including university / supplier research & new product development.
* Perform additional projects & tasks as assigned to support the overall mission, vision & goals of HATCI & Autonomous Driving Development Department.
* Travel up to 15% of time domestically and internationally.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems / Science / Engineering
Valid driver’s license & satisfactory driving record
Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai KIA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
Basic knowledge of Autonomous Parking & Driving System and familiarity with Camera, Radar, & Ultrasonic sensor
ADAS development experience a plus.