KEA Technologies, Inc. (KEA), established in 2015, is an engineering research and development small business located in Marlborough, Massachusetts that provides engineering solutions to the transportation industry. KEA staff has performed transportation R&D work for the past 25 years in the railroad and automotive arena. KEA is made up of a wide range of world-renowned and experienced engineering consultants with expertise in various transportation safety fields. KEA’s areas of expertise include advanced automotive and railroad technologies, mechanical design, human factors, and various applications of behavioral, cognitive, and experimental psychology and psychophysiology.
KEA Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Research Chemist. The qualified applicant will become an integral member of multi-disciplinary team including engineering professionals and subject-matter experts. In collaboration with external team members, the Research Chemist will lead KEA’s effort in developing and testing a spectroscopy based sensor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports directly to the Director of Laboratory Testing Services. Responsibilities include:
- Conducts Experiments and independently analyzes data.
- Provides written and oral reports on progress to the project team and senior Management.
- Develops Calibration methods and calibration standards required for testing of the novel device.
- Mentors junior members of the laboratory staff, providing guidance both on day to day activities and on employee development.
- Proactively researches, evaluates, develops, and recommends new policies, SOPs, and methods to achieve laboratory goals and requirements.
- Responsible for care, maintenance, and calibration of equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Co-ordinates with vendors to ensure that laboratory instruments are serviced and calibrated as required.
- Provides guidance on purchase of new equipment and technology required to support the lab.
- Oversees proper storage, handling, and usage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains ISO 17025 compliance and implements quality assurance programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- PhD degree in a chemistry discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a laboratory.
- Extensive experience with vibrational spectroscopy applications (FTIR or NIR spectroscopy). Candidates should have a strong capability to interpret infrared spectral features.
- Experience with spectral analysis techniques and chemometric modeling techniques for the quantification of trace aqueous analytes. Noninvasive in-vivo NIR spectral measurement experience is desired (e.g., glucose, ethanol).
- Should be familiar with FTIR instrumentation and sampling techniques to acquire spectral standards.
- Ability to perform data analysis using statistics, multivariate calibration software, and spectroscopy software. Matlab programming skills are desired.
- Demonstrated independence in the laboratory and in problem solving through careful experiment design, data analysis.
- Candidate should have strong chemistry skills with the ability to quantitatively build aqueous sample sets and should have experience with wet chemistry and polymer chemistry.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – KEA Technologies is truly dedicated to and embraces the ideals of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These ideals are reflected in our recruitment, hiring, career development and community outreach efforts