BOK Modern is an architectural metal systems company based in San Rafael, operated by architects and industrial/product designers. We specialize in ultra-modern architectural metal systems for balcony guardrails, stair guardrails, wall screens, canopies and fencing among multiple other solutions. You will be participating in a wide variety of national and international landmark projects. Our projects are primarily for the multi-residential, educational, and commercial construction industries.
Our products are contemporary and cutting edge. We are looking for someone who is interested in being part of a fast-growing company that is set to become a leader in the architectural metal industry. Our clients are architects, interior designers, and major construction companies nationwide. Please visit our website at www.bokmodern.com to learn more about us.
BOK Modern is seeking an Estimator with construction, miscellaneous metal, or fabrication shop experience to help us with project inquires, estimating, and pre-construction. You will be working with architects, general contractors, and installers to answer construction technical questions regarding our product systems.
Please note that this opportunity is open to remote employees. BOK Modern will provide all expense paid (travel and lodging) onsite training, and the employee can work 100% remotely after that, and
with on-site meetings with the team every few months.
Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of estimating in construction, miscellaneous metal or fabrication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design / Architecture / Construction Management.
- Must be able to review complex architecture drawings in AutoCAD, technical documents and create a “take-off”, with measurements and other specifications to submit for a project estimate
- Ability to read Revit and SolidWorks drawings is a big plus
- Must be excellent with numbers and proficient in Excel
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work directly with architects, contractors and sub-contractors to quickly find technical solutions
- Knowledge of sheet metal or manufacturing process a plus
- Must have excellent project management skills: scheduling, budgeting, coordinating with multiple vendors
- Excellent attention to detail and super organized
- Must be able to work with clients to develop and create construction detailing (i.e mounting details) and assembly drawings
- Must be able to prepare bid packages
- Must have an eye for design with a high attention to detail
- Must have excellent ability to find solutions in challenging situations and communicate well with customers, contractors and designers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Sales Force, CRM, Bluebeam
- Must be organized, punctual and a self-starter