At Horizon Quantum Computing, we aim to bridge the gap between quantum computers and conventional software development. We are seeking applicants with experience in one or more of the following areas to join us as we develop tools to program some of the world’s most advanced processors:
- quantum computing architectures
- fault-tolerant quantum computing
- quantum algorithms
You will be working with an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and physicists to develop an optimising full-stack compiler for quantum processors. Getting the most out of a quantum computer is unlike any other computing paradigm, and so close collaboration between team members will be necessary. There is great scope for learning, and so a passion for learning and a drive to push the envelope of what is currently possible are highly desirable.
- Contribute to Horizon’s product development
- Work with other scientists and engineers to implement, integrate and test our products
- Maintain Horizon’s professional software development practices
- A PhD degree in Physics, Computer Science, or other related technical field/ 3 years of working experience in a related industry position
- Expertise in quantum computing or quantum engineering
- Programming experience with a scientific programming language or tool (for e.g., C or C++, Python and Matlab)
- Previous experience of relevant research or commercial software development is desirable
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Passion for learning and driven to succeed