Campus Recruiting – Investment Banking 2022 Winter Analyst – Washington DC/Rockville, MD
Opportunity: HJ Sims will be seeking qualified undergraduate and graduate candidates to participate in the firm’s Winter Internship Program. The genesis of the program is to introduce talented, motivated, and entrepreneurial-minded individuals to the HJ Sims platform. Winter interns will be immediately engaged in firm, product, and industry education with the prospect of returning for an internship during the Summer of 2022. The program is poised to take place during winter break and is flexible with regard to each respective university calendar.
Background: The investment banking analyst program is a rigorous program for exceptionally qualified individuals. Our analysts work closely with support and senior bankers in all facets of investment banking and will be introduced to a variety of financing activities. Generally, the program will allow analysts to be exposed to the firm’s verticals based on preference, though the majority are related to the Healthcare (Senior Living) industry.
The program allows exposure to the following activities: mergers and acquisitions (both buy-side and sell-side); senior and subordinate financings; mezzanine debt; direct bank placements; construction loans; seed capital; equity investments; tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond financings.
Responsibilities: This position will support various bankers with tasks that directly correlate to clients and the development of the firm’s client development platform. One must be comfortable working in a demanding, but collegial environment – capable of learning expediently and able to balance multiple projects effectively with a concern for deadlines. Specifically, he/she will work to:
· Generate financial ratio and cash flow analysis using audited financials;
· Analyze debt profiles of clients/potential clients and refunding opportunities;
· Maintain proprietary models related to existing and potential clients;
· Monitor trading activity for publicly traded debt;
· Develop first drafts of investor (public and private) presentations;
· Work with associate bankers to assist with transaction closings;
· Manipulate, generate, and format Data for senior bankers and systems;
· Support efforts related to market updates and capital market education;
· Complete and update client/prospect status reports;
· Conduct various Ad-hoc tasks as requested.
Requirements: The right candidate will have:
· Interest in investment banking, public finance, or healthcare;
· Strong analytical skills, and strong attention to detail;
· Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a “team” environment;
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Superior time management skills; ability to meet deadlines on time;
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
Education Requirements: The right candidate will be:
· Pursuing a Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Data Science or related field.