The Jr Data Scientist is responsible for using strong analytical and technical skills to build data systems and present data in report form to various levels of management. The position requires maintenance of the central database to ensure it is up to date. Continuous improvement is a must on all central systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Applying statistical analysis to business operations data to provide business insight and enterprise performance analysis.
· Building of database tools using SQL and Python.
· Able to apply and implement machine learning Algorithms and concepts On-going document current processes and procedures.
· Maintain close working relationship with other departments in and out of inventory for the purposes of collaboration on new projects or process improvement through support and leadership.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Train temporary and permanent resources added to the team in current programs and business organization.
· Train other departments on new tools and procedures.
· Hold a weekly meeting to summarize system improvements, security concerns, glitches and performance with leaders from other departments.
· Additional duties as assigned by manager
· Education and Experience 2-5 years Inventory, or retail management experience preferred 4-year
· BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Science. Math, Statistics or related field a plus. Experience analyzing and profiling data, data modeling and performing report testing
· Solid foundation in VBA, SQL, Machine Learning and Python a plus
· Technical writing Understanding of retail forecasting
· Confident problem solver
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Manage and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Applications
General office environment requiring ability to: stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time speak and listen to others in person and over the phone use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports Lift up to 15 lbs.