HALLMARK – WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Come join us. You’ll add value to one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and be part of our company with a life-affirming purpose to inspire meaningful connections. Our products, content and experiences aim to enrich all lives by making a genuine difference in every life, every day, and our business is focused on bringing the value and relevance of Diversity and Inclusion to every brand, product and person we touch. Our overarching enterprise D&I Framework and plans demonstrate our belief and value in having an diverse and inclusive workforce. Hallmark’s D&I efforts will continue to represent ongoing progress and reinforce our commitment, as will our intentional focus on bringing more diverse talent into our business and onto our teams. Hallmark has been recognized as one of Forbes and Statista 2020 as:
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads! Check out www.thinkkc.com for more information on living and working in Kansas City.
We have several internship opportunities on our Market Research and Data Analytics teams. The Market Research and Data Analytics Interns will be responsible for performing data analyses to derive insight, patterns, and correlations from Hallmark’s data and other external data that can inform revenue growth opportunities, identify cost avoidance opportunities, and shape strategy. Analysis will include applying qualitative and quantitative data methods, database development, some data mining techniques. The analyses will need to be translated into key insights and interpretive summaries where easily interpreted by decision makers leveraging a variety of visual approaches. Project work may include:
- Market research regarding category relevancy: determining how we identify people who might take up card sending in a bigger way.
- Knowledge management: how to develop a source for getting people to the right information faster by how we architect the site/environment.
- Research for a specific retailer in support of a contract renewal, which requires analysis of customer/shopper data combined with market research.
- Modern Greetings Experience (MGE) consumer response, which would require analysis of qual and quant data
- Some deep-dive analysis into Hallmark’s store segmentation applications to develop a well-documented algorithm to identify store clusters, identify key characteristics for those store clusters, and communicate results to partners throughout the business.
- Building a user friendly tool to better visualize pre-existing consumer profile reports so that users can better utilize a self-service tool.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree with a graduation date of December 2022 or later.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on your resume).
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Experience using at least one of the following: Python, R, Tableau, or SQL.
- Pursuing a degree in a discipline that requires ability to work with quantitative data– Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences, or the following masters programs: Master’s of Marketing Research, Sociology, Psychology, or MBA.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in major (must be stated on your resume).
- Strong curiosity and learning agility.
- Demonstrated application of analytics skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Permanent authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship preferred.
This internship will occur summer of 2022 (typically late May through early August) and may occur virtually. The intern program at Hallmark is the primary source for entry-level full-time hires either directly after graduation or for future pipeline. Full-time hiring decisions are based on performance and business need.
The final deadline for all applications is October 29th, 2021, and we plan to have all decisions made by Thanksgiving. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program! #internhallmarklife