HALLMARK – WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Come join us. You’ll add value to one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and be part of our company with a life-affirming purpose to inspire meaningful connections. Our products, content and experiences aim to enrich all lives by making a genuine difference in every life, every day, and our business is focused on bringing the value and relevance of Diversity and Inclusion to every brand, product and person we touch. Our overarching enterprise D&I Framework and plans demonstrate our belief and value in having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Hallmark’s D&I efforts will continue to represent ongoing progress and reinforce our commitment, as will our intentional focus on bringing more diverse talent into our business and onto our teams. Hallmark has been recognized as one of Forbes and Statista 2020 as:
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads! Check out www.thinkkc.com for more information on living and working in Kansas City.
Hallmark’s Business and Marketing Interns are typically business students with focus in business management, finance, accounting, marketing, supply chain, or economics. As a Business and Marketing Intern, you will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need. You will use your business acumen and problem solving skills to understand Hallmark’s business priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, and develop a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. In addition to your project work, you will have opportunities to expand your professional skill set, connect with corporate senior leadership, and engage in lots of fun social activities with your fellow interns!
We have internship opportunities with the following teams:
- Hallmark Global Customer Teams own and drive the relationships we have with our retailers. Account leads and support roles work in partnership to drive strategies the enable us to win together financially. Customer team members also drive marketing and merchandising strategies both in store and online to unlock the financial success of retailer initiatives. They analyze sales and consumer insight data to report and plan alongside retailers and to influence them for future shared endeavors. If you are interested in diving into some good fact-finding, problem-solving, strategy-building and/or learning about category management, sales, marketing and financial planning models – this could be your internship!
- Global Merchandising Services (GMS) is a centralized organization ultimately responsible for ensuring Hallmark’s product is displayed in-store and ready for purchase! Comprised of over 10,000 Hallmarkers, we are the largest organization at Hallmark Cards. Each year, our team completes thousands of installations, visits tens of thousands of rooftops, and services millions of feet of fixtures to effectively display Hallmark Greeting Cards, Gift Presentation, Stationery, & Gifts. Whether you’re using your engineering background to streamline processes, your finance background to help forecast and plan the work across over thousands of stores, or your business and marketing background to understand the labor market and motivate our workforce, there’s a need for all of this within our GMS team!
- The Hallmark Global Marketing Team is responsible for all strategic marketing plans including campaign launches, refreshes, and overall management to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency, drive sales, and increase category participation among existing and emerging consumers. The Marketing team is a high-performance, fast paced, results-oriented, team-centric group, and this internship will be a critical contributor within that environment.
- Hallmark Global Product Development Teams provide ongoing strategic and financial leadership and end-to-end product management for assigned product segment to ensure delivery of sales, profits and retail performance goals, while building Hallmark brand relevance and consumer appeal through the product categories managed. This is done primarily through translating the Hallmark Global annual plan into program strategies and overseeing the program from strategy to concept to production to commercialization. This team leads the development of product, retail program, pricing and end-to-end commercialization strategies for assigned business/product segments and aligns resources to deliver on the strategic and financial objectives. The internship will provide opportunities to act as the ambassador for consumer and product offerings by collaborating and facilitating alignment with creative, insights and analytics, customer development and key retailers and across the broader organization as needed.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program or MBA / Master’s degree program with a graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on your resume).
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Pursuing a degree with a major in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Marketing, Retail Management, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Economics.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and capacity to think critically.
- Ability to draw conclusions from research and data and translate into clear, concise recommendations.
- Aptitude to think strategically.
All internships will be at the Hallmark Headquarters or outlying facilities in or near the Kansas City, Missouri metropolitan area. This internship will occur summer of 2022 (typically late May through early August) and may occur virtually. The intern program at Hallmark is the primary source for entry-level full-time hires either directly after graduation or for future pipeline. Full-time hiring decisions are based on performance and business need.
The final deadline for all applications is October 29th, 2021, and we plan to have all decisions made by Thanksgiving. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program! #internhallmarklife