2022 Summer Analyst Position
Guidepost Growth Equity is currently accepting applications for our 2022 class of Summer Analysts. Summer Analysts are valued members of our investment team and play a critical role in deal generation, investment analysis and company/industry research.
About Guidepost Growth Equity:
Guidepost Growth Equity, based in downtown Boston, is a leading growth equity firm founded in 2007 and today manages ~$1.5 billion of limited partner commitments across three funds. Guidepost partners with technology-enabled businesses in large markets such as application software, information and data services, infrastructure software and services, and technology-enabled services. Guidepost invests between $15-75M of equity as minority or majority investors and provides the flexible capital, operational support and strategic guidance necessary to support the continued growth of their companies. As a trusted partner to its companies, Guidepost works closely with owner-entrepreneurs to build strong Boards of Directors, strengthen management teams with key hires, evaluate strategic options, and provide critical operating support across finance, product development, sales and marketing.
Investments in the funds managed by Guidepost Growth Equity, include:
· Dyn, a cloud-based internet performance and DNS provider (acquired by Oracle);
· Jive Software, a unified communications software company (acquired by LogMeIn);
· OutSystems, an enterprise platform for low-code application development (recently raised capital at a $9.5B valuation from Tiger Global and Abdiel Capital);
· Proto Labs, an internet-enabled rapid manufacturing services provider (NYSE: PRLB);
· Spoonflower, an e-commerce marketplace for custom printed fabric and wallpaper (acquired by Shutterfly); and
· WP Engine, a managed cloud services provider for the WordPress environment.
Summer Analyst Responsibilities:
Summer Analysts are key members of the investment team and work closely with full-time investment professionals to proactively identify attractive technology sectors and evaluate potential opportunities that fit our investment criteria. Summer Analysts’ core focus will be sourcing interesting opportunities, both through targeted outreach to companies and analysis of available research and market-level data. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of industries by supporting researching efforts. Summer Analysts will be responsible for deal generation, supporting the investment team’s efforts to build relationships with senior executives of industry-leading companies and producing analyses of industry segments for presentation to the investment committee. Summer Analysts may also have the opportunity to support live deal teams and participate in the investment process from due diligence to deal execution.
· Expected graduation in Spring 2023
· Personal motivation with demonstrated success working within a team
· Strong organizational skills and track record of achieving goals with minimal supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong quantitative and analytic skills
· Demonstrated interest in the investment field and technology sector
· Minimum GPA of 3.5 at a top-tier college/university with strong SAT and/or ACT scores
· Verification of right to work in the U.S.
Interested candidates should send a resume (include GPA) and cover letter explaining qualifications and reasons for interest to email@example.com by October 29th.