Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
This position is responsible for preparing, reviewing and reporting the company’s internal financial and operating results and performing analyses to help company management in their decision-making processes. An understanding of management reporting best practices, a consistent customer service focus and attention to detail in all activities are imperative.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform monthly variance analysis on the balance sheet and income statement to provide insight on company operations and performance.
- Perform various duties around the annual budgets and forecasts for different business units and consolidating into one master budget.
- Prepare and compile various reports and analyses to assist in the monthly/quarterly/annual financial review process.
- Prepare management reporting packages and other operational reports as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc project analyses and present findings to assist management in the operations of the company.
- Provide project support and analysis; work with a wide range of different financial end users to provide customer service and support where needed.
- Review data entry methods and analyze report preparation processes to recommend improvements to ensure accuracy of financial data and efficiency of report generation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting or Accounting
- Increasingly responsible experience in budgetary analysis and/or complex accounting procedures
- Experience with financial accounting and reporting software
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Work with and manage a high level of detailed information
- Efficiently research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation.
- Understand database applications, table relationships, and query joins a plus
- Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Professional, JD Edwards; experience with COGNOS, Hyperion, Adaptive, Oracle Business Intelligence and/or SQL a plus).
- Accurately perform complex mathematical computations
- Thoroughly document procedures and tasks
- Understand generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Work cooperatively as a team member to accomplish group objectives.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the company, from entry level employees to executive management.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Open to some Granite locations outside of Watsonville and The Woodlands!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.