The Assistant Director of Youth Programs provides leadership and supervision of the Center for Community Engagement’s Youth Programs & Initiatives, which include campus and site-based mentoring and youth development programs in partnership with Spokane’s local schools and non-profit organizations. The position also provides support for educational partnerships and programs through Opportunity Northeast, Gonzaga’s university-wide, place-based community engagement initiative. The Assistant Director directly supervises and manages programs working with middle and high school-aged youth and directs the selection, training and supervision of student staff and leaders to ensure a safe and transformational student experience. The Assistant Director serves as a liaison to school and non-profit partners as well as youth and their families. Training and risk management are critical components of this position in order to manage and mitigate potential risk for the university and community. This position provides leadership for a team of staff, AmeriCorps members, and student leaders that collectively work with approximately 350 college student volunteers and 600 youth annually.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally responsive staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students and community members but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, public administration, student development, non-profit leadership, or another related field, and:
- Minimum of five years professional experience coordinating or managing programs.Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, public administration, student development, non-profit leadership, or another related field, and:
- OR Master’s degree in social work, education, public administration, student development, non-profit leadership, or another related field, and:
- Minimum of two years professional experience working with youth.
- Minimum of two years professional experience coordinating or managing programs.
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of and ability to animate Gonzaga’s mission, vision, and values.
- Experience leading, supervising, and/or managing college students
- Experience with community-engaged learning in higher education
- Experience working with community-based organizations and/or schools
- Experience working with youth mentoring programs
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.