PART-TIME | WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES
Gifts for Good is a fast growing social impact-driven startup in Los Angeles seeking a creative person who is passionate about UX/UI and doing good in the world. This highly motivated, creative individual will be helping to design new website pages for our new website launch to serve as a means to engage supporters and bring to life the stories of our products and the nonprofits and social enterprises we work with, and raise awareness about our social, economic, and environmental causes. Working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, the UX/UI Intern will be working on a variety of fun projects. This is a paid internship at 15 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Design user flows, wireframes, and mock-ups
- Produce materials and assets for development team’s use
- Integrate and adhere to Gifts for Good’s Brand Identity Guidelines
- Collaborate well in groups of other team members and developers to ensure the optimal performance of projects
- Follows creative direction from the CEO of Gifts for Good
- Experience using UX wireframing and prototyping software (eg, Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- Experience working in ecommerce is a plus
- Have a portfolio demonstrating cohesive design style & UX
- Knowledge of visual and user experience design
- Experience in designing mobile web, websites, and apps
- Must be competent with graphic design and layout, user-interface design, user experience, color theory, typography, and illustration
- Maintains professionalism and patience under pressure in a face paced work environment
- Detail-oriented to ensure that assignments are complete, accurate, and consistent
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to react quickly when the need arises
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Creative and innovative thinker who has excellent problem solving and time management skills
- A current portfolio demonstrating your design approach and thought process from problem solving
Why Gifts for Good:
- Great career development opportunity – opportunity for full-time position after internship
- Awesome team & culture
- Product discounts for all your gifting needs for friends & family
- Casual & entrepreneurial work environment
- Small startup team with exposure to management; accelerated learning & development
- Be a part of building a mission-based social impact brand supporting charitable causes in 19 states & 65 countries!
To Apply: Send resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UX/UI Intern” as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Portfolio or work samples
- Names and contact information for two to three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
About Gifts for Good:
Gifts for Good is a marketplace for products made by cause-based enterprises that makes it easy for businesses to give thoughtful employee and client gifts while doing good. To date, we’ve partnered with leading brands such as Facebook, American Express, and National Geographic to better the lives of over 300,000 people around the globe. Our CEO was listed in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for Social Entrepreneurship. Learn more at giftsforgood.com or follow @giftsforgoodHQ.
Gifts for Good is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Gifts for Good fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.