At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
About the Role:
The Laboratory Technician plays a pivotal role in the company by generating quality reagents in a consistent and reproducible manner to support the research staff and the commercialization of the product. We are looking to expand the department with several open positions, all related to expanding the current production capacity and to dramatically increasing the level of quality control (stability studies, guardbanding, performing Sequencing QC on our platform, etc.) in the Product Development department.
- Work with the reagent development group in generating reagents to support the research staff and commercialization of the product.
- Assesses the functional performance of key reagents by implementing sequencing under an SOP.
- Reviews all batch records to ensure accuracy of the recorded information and ensuring that all QC metrics have met specifications.
- Define technical requirements for reagents and generate data to support the specifications that are established and used for incoming QC.
- Create or update work instructions and maintenance logs.
- Monitors reagent performance and reacts in a timely manner to routine and urgent maintenance requirements.
- Identifies quality issues and work with contract manufacturers to resolve root cause and countermeasures.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while handling multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with self-directed work skills.
- Establishes and maintains good housekeeping standards in all work areas and maintain meticulous records
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in biology, molecular biology, chemistry or a similar field
- 2+ years related experience in biological sciences or molecular biology
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and reagent development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication of technical material
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Experience working in a GMP, operations or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Adequate experience in Windows, Microsoft Office
- Result oriented – has a track record for delivery results, takes ownership and being accountable.
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Scrappy, willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments – long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys’ culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!